No, you cannot buy Dogecoin directly from Cash App.
Cash App is a mobile-app-focused money transfer service that comes with multiple features. Some of the features are money transfer, investing in stocks, and cryptocurrency.
However, the only cryptocurrency listed on Cash App is Bitcoin, so you cannot buy the aforesaid crypto directly from the Cash App.
To know more about Bitcoin transactions on Cash App, click here.
However, you can buy Dogecoin from other exchanges that we will discuss in this article.
- Will Cash App List Dogecoin?
- Will Cash App listing Dogecoin pump the market?
- What are the cryptocurrencies available on the cash app? Where to buy Dogecoin?
- Can you buy Dogecoin on cash app ?
- How to buy Dogecoin on Binance?
- What are the best Dogecoin wallets?
- What can you do after buying dogecoin ?
- How can you buy Dogecoin on Bitpanda ?
- How can you buy Dogecoin on Coinbase ?
- How you can buy Dogecoin on Robinhood ?
Will Cash App List Dogecoin?
Jack Dorsey, CEO of Square (parent company of Cash App) and co-founder and former CEO of Twitter, seems to be a Bitcoin maximalist and a promoter from his tweet from 2019, but it has been a long time.
However, he tells in a tweet reply that they need to keep Coinbase for other cryptocurrencies as well. Also, Dogecoin is one of the most popular altcoins (shorthand for ‘alternative coin’ to Bitcoin).
So, it is not very predictable if we can see much anticipated altcoin on the Cash App in the near future.
It is up to the Dogecoin community to convince that their Coin is worthwhile.
Will Cash App listing Dogecoin pump the market?
Dogecoin, started by Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer in 2013, was meant to be a joke and served no purpose.
The makers tried to make it as ridiculous as possible, so they centered it around a Japanese Shiba Inu “Doge”, a popular internet meme that said nonsensical phrases.
Major platforms listing any Cryptocurrency always excite crypto enthusiasts because it increases the currency’s credibility and acceptability.
It results in an increased customer base and hence total worth.
Cash App has the potential to increase the value of Dogecoin by listing it as its accessible cryptocurrency. Listing the altcoin on Cash App would further legitimize the Coin, pumping its market.
What are the cryptocurrencies available on the cash app? Where to buy Dogecoin?
As of now, the only cryptocurrency available on Cash App is Bitcoin. You can buy or sell bitcoin directly from Cash App.
If you want to buy Dogecoin from Cash App, it is a misfortune because Cash App has not listed Dogecoin as a supported cryptocurrency yet.
However, you can still buy Dogecoin from other platforms.
You can buy altcoins (including Dogecoin) and other major Cryptos from platforms such as Coinbase, NiceHas, Bittrex, Kucoin, and Binance.
If you wish to buy Bitcoin on Cash App, you can follow the following steps:
- Open Cash App
- Go to the Bitcoin tab
- Select ‘Buy BTC’
- Enter the amount and Cash App pin to complete the purchase.
If you want to know more about Bitcoins on Cash App, click here.
Can you buy Dogecoin on cash app ?
You cannot buy Dogecoin directly from Cash App, but you can buy Dogecoin using your Cash App Card or Cash Card on other crypto platforms.
Almost all crypto platforms accept a debit card to buy crypto coins.
You can use your Cash Card, which is a ‘Visa Debit Card’, while making payment for the purchase of crypto.
Furthermore, the only crytpo you can purchase on Cash App is Bitcoin.
You can purchase Dogecoin on a cryptocurrency exchange – Binance or Kraken.
This above mentioned is also the reason for why you can’t buy dogecoin on cash app.
You can understand this through a video given below.
How to buy Dogecoin on Binance?
It is clear that you have to explore platforms other than Cash App to buy Dogecoin. Binance is one of the most popular and trusted platforms to buy Dogecoin and other crypto coins. So, you can use it to make the purchase.
Follow these steps to buy Dogecoin from Binance:
- Sign up or log in on Binance.
- Add funds to your account.
- Open “Wallet” and “Fiat and Spot”
- Navigate to the “Deposit” button and select the deposit currency, in your case, ‘USD’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions (Use Cash Card at the time of payment if you wish to buy Dogecoin using the funds in your wallet).
- Search “Doge” in the search bar and consequently select “Doge/USDT” from the search results.
- Enter the amount of Dogecoin you want to buy and click “Buy DOGE”.
What are the best Dogecoin wallets?
Another big thing after buying Dogecoin or any other crypto is storing it.
Storing your cryptocurrency (including Dogecoin) on exchange platforms is quite risky.
They are not very secure and get hacked quite often. To store your coins into other wallets, you only have to withdraw them into the wallet that you consider safe.
There are two types of wallets to store your coins, i.e., hardware wallet and software wallet.
- Hardware Wallet: Your coins in a hardware wallet are off the internet and safe from hackers. You can use the wallet’s Bluetooth compatibility or cables to add your coins to the hardware wallet. Some of the hardware wallet-making companies are SecuX, Ledger, and Trezor.
- Software Wallet: You can download a software wallet on your device and add coins to the wallet using your internet. One of the most popular wallet for Dogecoin is Dogecoin Wallet.
To know more about Dogecoin Wallets, click here.
What can you do after buying dogecoin ?
After purchasing your Dogecoin, it is directed to instantly withdraw your Doge to a wallet where you control the private keys.
To do this-
- Firstly, tap on Withdraw which is next to the DOGE balance.
- Enter your secure wallet address, to withdraw the amount
However, it is not suggested to store your Cryptocurrency (Dogecoin and BTC, Ethereum) in exchanges because it is possible that they might get hacked and are not safe.
How can you buy Dogecoin on Bitpanda ?
If you wish to purchase Dogecoin on Bitpanda, follow the below mentioned steps-
1. Firstly, sign up for Bitpana account
2. Next, confirm your email address
3. Confirm your identity with one of our trusted verification partners as well as deposit funds
4. After the verification of your deposit , you can buy Dogecoin on Bitpanda
How can you buy Dogecoin on Coinbase ?
You can purchase Dogecoin on Coinbase through a linked credit card or bank account.
If you wish to purchase Dogecoin on Coinbase, follow the below mentioned steps-
1. Log in to your Coinbase account or Sign up for a new Coinbase account
2. Verify your email address
3. Finish off your ID verification as well as set up a 2-step verification
4. Next, select your payment method
5. Link your credit card or bank account
6. Deposit funds on your Coinbase account
7. After the deposit is verified, you need to select “Market”
8. Select “DOGE-USD”
9. Click ‘buy’ under the order form
10.Then put in the amount you wish to buy
9. At last, tap on the Purchase button to complete the process
How you can buy Dogecoin on Robinhood ?
The first step is to create a Robinhood account.
It is simply to create an account for this platform.
Follow the below mentioned steps to create a Robinhood account –
- Visit the Robinhood website
- Next, you need to tap on the green Sign Up button.
- You will see a registration page where you have to mention your personal information, including your name, social security number, email, trading experience and employment information.
Fill in all the needed documentation.
You have to make sure that all the information you mention is correct and goes with your records.
Tap on the Submit Application button to move further.
Next, step is to Verify Your Account –
The second step is to verify. Your account will be then verified. Either it will be approved or rejected.
So, you have to wait for few more days before your account gets approved.
Once you submit your Robinhood application –
You will receive an email from Robinhood within one to two days. The email could either carry a note that your account is approved, or you will be asked for more documents in order to validate your identity.
Robinhood will provide a secure location to upload your documents, if you need to confirm your identity,
Once you submit, you need to wait for 6-7 days as the staff review your application.
Then you will receive another email from Robinhood, either confirming or rejecting your account.
Now, to Buy Dogecoin on Robinhood
Follow the below mentioned steps to buy Dogecoin on Robinhood –
- Firstly, visit the Dogecoin’s page by seeking for it on the interface.
- Click on the Buy button given at the bottom of the interface.
- Next, put down the number of shares you wish to invest in the crypto.
- Approximate cost in dollars will be there below.
- Remember, that you are required to buy at the minimum 10 shares of Dogecoin to get approved.
- Click on review.
- At last, you need Swipe up to confirm your order.
Dogecoin is one of the most popular altcoins (shorthand for “alternative coin” to Bitcoin).
Typically, Crypto enthusiasts want to invest in Dogecoin. Cash App is a popular money transfer service in the US that comes with multiple features, including buying crypto.
However, the only cryptocurrency available to buy on the platform is Bitcoin. You cannot buy Dogecoin directly from this platform.
We have discussed ways of using Cash App funds to purchase Dogecoin from platforms such as Coinbase, NiceHas, Bittrex, Kucoin, and Binance.
Can I buy Dogecoin on Cash App?
No, you cannot buy Dogecoin on Cash App. As of now, Cash App only supports Bitcoin to be bought.
Will Cash App make support for Dogecoin?
It is quite unpredictable for anybody to tell if Cash App will add support for Dogecoin purchase.
Where can I buy Dogecoin?
You can buy Dogecoin from platforms such as Binance, Coinbase, and Kucoin. We have discussed the method to purchase Dogecoin in the article.